Prayer Shawl Pattern for Loom Knitters
Based on the original, copyrighted pattern by Vicky Galo, www.shawlministry.com
Oval knitting loom, Prayer Shawl Knitting loom
3 skeins or 555 yds of slightly bulky yarn – 700 yds if using worsted weight yarn and adjust number of pegs
Pegs: 57, 60, or 63, knit back and forth for a flat, rectangular, shawl
Row 1 & all odd rows: *K3 sts w/knit stitch, purl 3 sts. Repeat from * to end.
Row 2 & all even rows: *Purl 3 sts, K3 w/flat stitch. Repeat from * to end.
Repeat rows 1 & 2 for all consecutive rows.
• Wrap 2 pegs and knit them off.
• Move the loop from the 2nd peg to peg #1,
• lift the bottom loop over the top,
• move remaining loop back to the peg just to the right.
• Continue all around loom, knitting off one peg each time until all but one loop has been removed.
• Pull the tail of yarn through this loop and tighten.
• Weave in ends.
You may add fringe, tassels, a crocheted border or the shawl can be left as is.
Return To Tip Sheet